$1950 / 2br – Marriott Newport Coast 08/25/2012-09/01/2012
Rates & Availability
– 06/01/2012 – 06/08/2012 2BR $2,350wk (RENTED)
– 08/25/2012 – 09/01/2012 2BR $1,950/wk (SF)
Please Call – Peter (714) 497-3831
E-mails received without a contact phone number are not likely to receive a response. Please include a contact number!
Segerstrom All Access Pass 2012 offers tremendous $10 plus fees opportunity to enjoy amazing performances! http://www.scfta.org/home/Content/ContentDisplay.aspx?NavID=923
Please click here to attend – Anyyone interested in dinner before or drinks after, please let Peter know! We are attending the premier! I’ve never been to this venue but usually a Premier night offers a post performance social and snacks/drinks!Enlightenment.com, a Fresh Romantic Comedy, Premieres at Vanguard’s Lyceum Theater in Costa Mesa.
See the West Coast premiere of this fresh romantic comedy, which takes a humorous and insightful look at modern-day relationships and the struggle to connect in today’s world of modern technology. When the play opens, we meet Vince, a 30-something bachelor about to get married for the first time. Suddenly and quite unexpectedly, a former lover RSVPs to the wedding, causing Vince to search his soul and question the leftovers from his unresolved past. In his quest to resolve these issues, Vince finds an “Enlightenment Therapist” who interchangeably (and hilariously) plays the role of dream analyst, online minister and Shakespearean fool. Along the way, we get taken along Vince’s attempts to correct his past mistakes and navigate a more enlightened future with his new love, which is easier said than done in today’s world of texting, instant messaging and social media. Will love win out over technology?
Lyceum Theater Location
- More ticketing and box office info here
- The Lyceum Theater is at the rear of the Vanguard University campus. Drive south on Newport Boulevard past Fair Drive and turn right at the third driveway opening. The Lyceum Theater is toward the far right end of the parking lot. Parking is free.
It’s a Wednesday night, but what the heck! Join me for a 7:30pm performance of La Cage Aux Folles at the Segerstrom Hall! Let me know if you’re up for dinner before or drinks after, I list my seat below for you to find me just in case phone/text/PM’s don’t work out! BTW, Segerstrom Hall is the same entrance as Segerstrom Founder’s Hall 😉 Possibly we can co-ordinate carpools to minimize parking fees?
Sign up with my Meetup Group So Cal Active: http://www.meetup.com/SoCalActive/events/74322372/
- I’m sitting in Tier 1 Row T seat 108, I have two tickets available in Tier 1 Row U seats 113-114 for $33 each – they cost $57.50 plus 10% if purchased from Segerstrom and possibly $40 plus $7.50 if offered by Goldstar. Please email me if you would like to buy them!
- As of July 21 Goldstar doesn’t have tickets for Aug 1 but they should within the next few days, please purchase tickets through this link (click here) – if you are new to Goldstar this helps pay my Meetup fees. Goldstar should charge $31 to $55 total depending on seat selection. Please note the price range has little correlation to pricing I list elsewhere because seat sections varry and not all seat seat sections will be available on Goldstar!
- You can purchase tickets through the center by clicking here! Segerstrom charges $24.75 to $90.75 total depending on seat selection.
Winner of three Tony Awards® including the award for BEST MUSICAL REVIVAL, this hilarious new production of La Cage Aux Folles was the biggest hit of the 2010 Broadway season, leavingaudiences in stitches night after night!
La Cage tells the story of Georges, the owner of a glitzy nightclub in lovely Saint-Tropez, and his partner Albin, who moonlights as the glamorous chanteuse Zaza. When Georges’ sonbrings his fiancée’s conservative parents home to meet the flashy pair, the bonds of family are put to the test as the feather boas fly! La Cage is a tuneful and touching tale of one family’s struggle to stay together… stay fabulous… and above all else, stay true to themselves!
With a glorious score of hummable melodies and a dynamite cast featuring the “notorious and dangerous Cagelles,” La Cage is an indisputable musical comedy classic… and this extraordinary new version shows you why! Welcome To La Cage Aux Folles!
Running time (approximate): 2 hours and 45 minutes
SHOULD I TAKE THE KIDS? Some might feel the show contains content not appropriate for all families.
By Scott Austin
We’re likely a few months away from the next iPhone release — and from watching hordes of people stampeding through the doors of Apple stores. In light of today’s news that the upcoming iPhone will have a thinner screen, here’s a recap of what we know about the newest model.
Release date: Analysts expect the phone to hit the market in the fall. The first four iPhones all came out in the summer in either June or July. But last year’s iPhone 4S launched on Oct. 14. There are lots of rumors on the release date — a blog called Know Your Mobile, for instance, says it “can exclusively reveal” the date will be Aug. 7. As anyone who follows Apple releases know, most rumors tend to be false. In any case, all the major carriers are expected to begin selling the iPhone at launch.
Name: Apple tricked everyone last year when it named its newest model the 4S rather than 5. It surprised the blogosphere again this year by calling its latest tablet the “new iPad” rather than the iPad 3, indicating it’s doing away with numbering conventions. So don’t be surprised if this is simply called the “new iPhone.”
Screen: The Wall Street Journal reports today that the iPhone will have a thinner screen using in-cell technology from display makers Sharp, Japan Display and LG Display. The screen is thinner because it does without a touch-screen layer that is about a half a millimeter thick. That improves the quality of the images. The screen will also be larger, measuring at least 4 inches diagonally, compared with 3.5 inches all of the iPhone models.
Features: The phone will boast the new operating system, iOS 6, which Apple says comes with 200 new features, including enhancements to “voice assistant” Siri; a new 3-D maps service with turn-by-turn navigation; integration with Facebook; a “Do Not Disturb” feature to avoid unwanted messages at night; and a new app called Passbook organizes loyalty cards, tickets and boarding passes to display the right card when needed.
Survey says: Piper Jaffray just canvassed 400 people in the U.S. and Asia for its annual cell-phone survey and found that 65% of those planned to make an iPhone their next smartphone, and of those 51% said they were waiting for newest model.
NetGear ProSafe (GS116) 16-Ports External Switch
Please Call – Michael (714) 497-3781 E-mails received without a contact phone number are not likely to receive a response. Please include a contact number!
NewEgg is selling this for $146, get a nearly new unit in it’s original packaging for less! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122139
Features Each port delivers up to 2000 Mbps of network speed (full duplex) Fast, auto-switching and auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet connection 16 switched ports provide bandwidth for PCs, servers or switches Auto Uplink™ automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables Supports jumbo frames up to 16 KB Honors TOS/802.1p prioritization
Full size pics can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timesharevacationnow/sets/72157630609052512/
I’m of course preoccupied from time to time but … I’m a Red Velvet member of Goldstar which is supposed to lead to better seats where there is assigned seating. Also, I’m a GS promoter … so if I’m able to help coordinate an activity in the future I can offer the following:
- Purchase a block of tickets and get full refund for the ones we don’t use (must cancel unused tickets roughly a few days Before performance … I get credit rather than refund but if we do this enough I don’t have an issue about the credit)
- By purchasing in a block we ensure group seating for assigned seats.
- I am assigned better location seats when there is assigned seating, when compared to non Red velvet members.
- At times I get slightly larger discounts (usually through a 24 hour mailing notice)
- When new people join thru my links I get $3 (I can use all the money I can get these days)
- If enough people buy through my links (even when I don’t get $3) I receive perks to offer my clan!
I’m happy to help co-ordinate group bookings, please remember payments must be in cash or if by Paypal the payment method must be Personal/Other made from a bank account (no debit or credit cards), or we co-ordniate adding the cost of Paypal fees into the pricing!
Join my Facebook Goldstar Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/446014605430292/
New Goldstar Members please click here http://tracking.goldstar.com/SH2e